Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Chilwell Reserve Access for M2 Widening

The M2 Widening Project intends to build a construction site underneath the flyovers in Chilwell Recreation Reserve. They are proposing to get access to it by building an access path down from the end of Allerton Road, with a forecast of something over ten trucks a day through the two year construction period!
I often use Chilwell Reserve to walk my dog, and I hate the thought of this. I also hate the idea of all those heavy trucks lumbering down Murray Farm Road and into Allerton.
I was therefore pleased to see the Beecroft Cheltenham Civic Trust submission on the proposed M2 widening, in which they advocate that the project should use the existing access way on the north side of the carriageway, built for the original M2 build, instead of Allerton Road. This photo shows the end of this access path, between the M2 and the golf course, which would allow trucks to access the construction site direct from Pennant Hills Road.


I would love to know the Project's intentions for permitting continued use of Chilwell Reserve through the construction period. I presume a protected passageway will be maintained to permit public passage under the viaducts. But so far I haven't found any specifics on this. If any of my readers can clarify this, please email me or call in at Ray White Beecroft.

No comments:

Post a Comment